By submitting the registration form, you are agreeing, giving your consent on the following:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contained here are the Terms and Conditions which you must read and agree to before registering for The Learning Space Website. Please take the time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions before registering for the The Learning Space Website. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they login. Continued registration with The Learning Space is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
Please make sure that your email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. You can update your email address within your Personal Info section once you sign in.
All tutors must read and always abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
General Obligations of The Learning Space and related provisions
1. The Learning SpaceWebsite has been established to allow a Tutee to contact a Tutor and to allow a Tutee to view the Tutor’s profile.
2. The Learning Space will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor and Tutee secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor and Tutee on the The Learning Space Website.
3. The Learning Space is not responsible for appraising information on the The Learning Space Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, The Learning Space can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
4. A Tutor warrants that –
(a) he is of at least eighteen years of age;
(b) he has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified by the Tutor on the The Learning Space Website;
(c) his profile and subject information provided on the The Learning Space Website is up to date, accurate and truthful; and
(d) he has the legal right to work in Singapore
5. A Tutor must disclose any criminal convictions or cautions they may have to The Learning Space, including any criminal convictions or cautions received at any time after having registered a tutor account on the Website and for as long as the Tutor remains registered.
6. A Tutor who contacts a Tutee who is under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee.
7. A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on The Learning Space Website.
8. A Independent Tutor is responsible for collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Tutee. The Learning Space is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between an Independent Tutor and a Tutee.
9. A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the The Learning Space Website and must indemnify The Learning Space in relation to any liability incurred by The Learning Space as a result of such information.
10. A Tutor shall indemnify The Learning Space for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of The Learning Space Website, including any associated costs and expenses incurred, whether direct or indirect.
11. A Tutor must contact a Tutee through The Learning SpaceWebsite. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
12. A Tutor must not be in any way be abusive about a Tutee or his nominee on The Learning Space Website or any other place.
13. A Tutor is not an employee of The Learning Space and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of The Learning Space Website.
14. All information provided by a Tutor on The Learning Space Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number, and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on The Learning SpaceWebsite will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
15. Use of The Learning SpaceWebsite is entirely at a Tutor’s own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the The Learning Space Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Tutee.
16. A Tutor must not complete on behalf of the Tutee any coursework, essays, or other assignments. Tutors are only permitted to proofread assignments or coursework of Tutees who they have had regular lessons with.
17. A Tutor must not request any upfront fees. A Tutor must only accept payment for a single lesson at a time, to be paid at the completion of that lesson.
18. Tutors must not promote the services of other tuition companies/businesses on our platform, or to any clients we provide them.
19. You must not be prevented from working with children or vulnerable adults, your name must not be registered on any barring lists, including the Protection of Children Act list, Protection of Vulnerable Adults list,etc.
20. Your account may be suspended whilst a dispute is under review.
21. A Tutee who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. The Learning Space is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee or a patent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
21. A parent or guardian must always be present and supervise the entire duration of every lesson, for both in-person and online lessons regardless of their location. This applies for all tutees aged 18 or under. If you have to leave the room for any reason the tutee must accompany you.
22. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, , and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. The Learning Space does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the The Learning Space is accurate and correct.
23. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. The Learning Space is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Tutee.
24. A Tutee must contact a Tutor through the Tutor Hunt Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
25. A Tutee agrees not to use Tutor Hunt to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on Tutor Hunt should contact us.
26. A Tutee cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
27. A Tutee must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Tutee on The Learning Space Website or any other place. This includes defamatory or derogatory comments.
28. A Tutee must not pay the Tutor for lessons in advance. The Learning Space is not liable for any financial loss that may occur as a result.
29. A Tutee must not request a tutor to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
30. A Tutee must ensure that he has given enough information to the Booking Tutor, including his correct address, to allow the lesson to take place. If a lesson is to take place at the Tutee’s home, the Tutee must ensure a suitable setting for the lesson.
31. A Tutee must use his own judgement about the services of Booking Tutors detailed on the Website. Tutees are responsible for checking the credentials, expertise, references, qualifications and insurance policies of any Booking Tutor with whom they confirm a Booking.
32. A Tutee is responsible for checking that Bookings made by a Booking Tutor or Tutor Hunt on their behalf are done so correctly and understand they will be informed of these lessons by Tutor Hunt via email.
33. A Tutee should inform The Learning Space of a Complaint by email within 48 hours of the scheduled finish time of the relevant lesson.
34. Members must not use The Learning Space Website for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or send viruses and worms.
35. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
36. Members must not post material to The Learning Space Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
37. Members agree to manage their Subscription charges using The Learning Space Website. If a member cancels their subscription, they will not receive a refund of any fees already paid.
38. The Learning Space is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the Learning Space Website or outside of it. The Learning Space only provides a service for a Tutor and Tutee to be introduced. The Learning Space does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
39. The Learning Space is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of The Learning Space Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
40. Members agree to indemnify The Learning Space against all liabilities, claims, and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the Learning Space Website.
41. The Learning Space does not guarantee that a Tutor will be secured to meet the Tutee’s needs.
42. The Learning Space is not responsible for any grade received by a Tutee or any consequence that examination grades entail.
43. The code, brand and intellectual property of The Learning Space Website cannot be reused without The Learning Space’s consent. All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to The Learning Space Website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by The Learning Space. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from The Learning Space Website, or any of the material which is found on The Learning Space Website without the consent of The Learning Space. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
44. By submitting any material to the content to The Learning Space Website, you:
(a) are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
(b) grant The Learning Space a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form and any place; and
(c) authorize The Learning Space to adapt the relevant material and you waive the right to be identified as the author of the material in question.
45. The Learning Space reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Tutor Hunt Website, or the entirety of it.
46. The Learning Space reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member’s access to The Learning Space Website, or parts of it. The Learning Space reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on The Learning Space Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, The Learning Space Website without prior consent from The Learning Space.
49. The open-access nature of The Learning Space Website means that The Learning Space cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
50. The Learning Space reserves the right to withdraw any material on The Learning Space Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring The Learning Space Website into disrepute. The Learning Space does not generally monitor material that appears on The Learning Space Website and The Learning Space is reliant upon Members to notify The Learning Space of anything Member’s to see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
52. The Learning Spacemay restrict access to The Learning Space Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of The Learning Space. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
53. The Learning Space may monitor postings to The Learning Space Website and communications through The Learning Space Website and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
54. The Learning Space gives no guarantee that The Learning Space Website is free of viruses worms or any other form of harmful components.
55. The distance data supplied on The Learning Space website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions, we only use part of the Postcode, so The Learning Space can not guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
56. The Learning Space may contact its members by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
57. The Learning Space may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
60. Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
61. Singapore Law and the jurisdiction of Singapore Courts applies to these terms.